Thursday, February 08, 2007

Venting

So I typed out this whole blog the other day and then my browser crashed and I lost it. Vent #1

#2- Why can't Blogger remember me? Why do I have to go thru so many darn steps everytime I want to log in. I check the darn box every time!

#3- I took the pullups away from Logan. He's been doing so well and I thought it was time. I don't know if he's rebelling or what but he's had 3 accidents in 3 days now. Grrr. All his trains, bridges, L-Max and now a day of tv are gone. He's fine all day, uses the potty and then for some unknown reason, in the late afternoon, he pees or poops in his underwear. I just don't get it. Ask him why and he'll just say "because I did." Argh! I asked him all day long today, do you need to go potty? I don't know what to do with him!

On a different note, my little monkey man has learned how to climb out of the crib! Nooo! So I went out yesterday and bought a crib tent. He is so not ready for a bed. He'd never go to sleep! After wrangling with this tent for an hour, it's now on the crib. He didn't like it so much yesterday or today but tonight he only cried for a minute when I zipped him up in there. I feel better knowing he's safe inside and won't be climbing out while I'm asleep or something. He climbed out 3x during naptime the other day. I caught him at it once. I think he's destined to be an athlete! LOL

Logan used his first "bad" word yesterday. He called dh and I "stupids" when we wouldn't let him do something. OMG where did he hear it? I'm guessing it had to be on a movie. He has watched Shrek a couple of times in the past few weeks. On there maybe?

Speaking of Logan, I've been looking online at a couple of private schools in the area. I'm not sure I like the curriculum though. OOH, I like that the school would be small, it has athletics, it's Christian based and scores high in testing plus he'd go to school with the same kids every year. OTOH, it uses A Beka for it's curriculum and I'm not sure I like that. It's all about teaching science, math, etc. thru the bible. I want him to learn about all aspects of science- evolution, dinosaurs, etc. I want him to be tolerant & accepting of all walks of life too- including homosexuality. Since this is a bible teaching school (Grace Christian), I don't know how that works into it. I'm so torn. Public school is great too but I don't know that he'd get the one on one that he would in a smaller class environment. He's so bright and I just want the best for him. There's always homeschooling but then I have to think about Ian and what to do with him while I work with Logan. I'd have to keep the distractions to a minimum. I think I could do it but do I have the patience? It's all so overwhelming!

No comments: