Monday, May 28, 2007

ICK!!

If you don't know, it's lovebug season here in FL. What are lovebugs? They are these dumb little bugs who love to fly while doing the deed and they are highly atracted to car exhaust so they just swarm on the highways. Of course, when you are doing 70mph, you end up with a nasty mess all over your car and windshield that does not come off easily. It can hurt your paint if left on too.

So we are driving to Epcot this morning and of course, we didn't get out of the house when I wanted to and we hit the beginning of peak time for them to start flying. You can see them coming at you despite them being pretty small and then you hear the splat each time you hit one. Ugh. Windshield fluid does nothing for cleaning them. I tried cruising behind people today which worked for a while but everytime I'd get behind someone, they'd start driving all slow. Don't get behind a semi though, they just deflect the bugs right onto you. So we're driving along and Logan has to pee. Luckily we're only 2 miles from a rest area and we pull in. Lovebugs EVERYWHERE! You had to walk thru a swarm of them. Dh was able to somewhat clean my ws off even though the minute you pull back on I-4, you're hearing splat, splat, splat again. So we're pulling out and I look at the ground on the ramp to get back on the interstate and there's these brown spots everywhere. I jokingly said something about all the lovebugs killed and then we spot them. Grasshoppers. Not little crickets, huge freakin' grasshoppers. I. HATE. GRASSHOPPERS. That's what all the brown spots were. Gross!! Ick!!! As many spots as there were, there were more live ones and they were everywhere near that rest area ramp. Lovebugs I can deal with as I'm walking around. They are just a nuisance, but grasshoppers just give me the creeps.

We made it to Epcot in one piece though and many thousand lovebug pieces came with us. We rode the newly refurbished Mexico ride that now features the Three Caballeros. Ian got to go see his fave characters- Chip and Dale. He's so funny, all he wants to do is give them huge hugs. We took pics of the topiaries since it's the last week of the Flower & Garden Festival. ETA: If you ever get to go to Epcot, go over to Norway and try the School Bread (Skolebrod). It is so yummy! It's this bread with vanilla custard (tons) inside and on top and the outside top is covered in coconut. We split one between the 4 of us and it will def. be a snack next time!

We are thinking about having going on vacation there again in Sept. Just gotta start planning and come up with the cash. I think it turned out to be a good day! I still can't believe my little man is 2. I just don't know how time moves so fast. Here are just a few pics from today.

Capt'n Hook and Peter Pan
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rafiki and Simba
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pirate Mickey and Minnie
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mary Poppins, Ian and I
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bambi, Flower, Logan and I
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ian's fave buddies- Chip and Dale!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: