Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Scary moment!

We had swim lessons yesterday afternoon. Logan is doing awesome. He's swimming like a fish and loves getting thrown into the pool. After his lesson, it was Ian's turn. Ian was ready to go so I was standing with him but not really paying attention and I hear 1,2,3 and Logan pushed him into the pool! OMG! Thom wasn't in there as he was setting the timer again.I seem to remember yelling NOOO and then I was on the ground grabbing his arm and pulling him to the surface. Thom had jumped back in as well. My heart was pounding, my hands were shaking and of course I had nightmares last night. Ian was scared but okay. Thom told me next time I should count 1-1000, 2-1000 but Mommy instincts just clicked and I reacted. LOL We had to explain to Logan that while he was a good swimmer now, some kids (and especially his brother!) are not and he can't push anyone into the pool. Ian is doing very well in lessons though. He now turns automatically back to the wall and is kicking his legs more. He did it several times by himself yesterday including "choo choo-ing"(using his hands and the wall) over to the stairs by himself. I'm so proud of both of them.

I can't believe Ian will be 2 in less than a week! I have 2 parties to plan and still haven't called everyone to come. Oops. I'm keeping it simple this year though with just a cupcake party for our friends and pizza and cake for the family. It still means a lot to do though, cleaning the house, baking and decorating the cupcakes and cake, shopping.... Glad the boys are a few months apart!

No comments: