Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Speech & Preschool

I don't know why I find it so amazing or fun to listen to Ian talk but I do. He's putting words together that just 2 months ago, he wasn't doing. Today I took his shorts off and told him to put them in his room. When I needed them again just now, I asked where they were and he said Mommy Room. He put them in my laundry basket. Good job! When dh came home today, he must have heard the car door bc he said Daddy Home. I just love listening to him. He's become quite the little parrot! He's learning and using new words every day.

I took the plunge. Someone pass me the tissues please. I signed Logan up for preschool 5 days a week starting this fall. I said I was not going to send him every day but it's almost like I have to. I didn't want him in a daycare setting. I really liked the school though. It's a private church based school and he'll have some one on one time with the teacher. I didn't get to meet his teacher as she is on maternity leave right now but I met the other one and she's great. I think he'll love it but it's going to be some major adjustments on Ian and me and Logan of course. We were talking about school earlier and I was telling him what he'd be doing and learning. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: You're going to love school. You're going to have music class and learn about God and Jesus too.
Logan: And Meerkats! Just like the zoo.
Me:

Where do they come up with this stuff?

No comments: