Thursday, August 02, 2007

Prayers

go out to all the families in MN waiting to hear about their loved ones and to those who have lost someone in the horrible bridge collapse. I can't imagine the horror those on the bridge went thru. Living in FL, you cross a lot of bridges if you want to go across the bay or over to the beach. My mom is very afraid of bridges and won't cross one if she doesn't have to. I'm very wary of them but I really dislike drawbridges and their metal grating. I was watching the news/videos last night and all I kept thinking about was what if...what if that happened here (it did a long time back to our huge suspension bridge- the Sunshine Skyway), what if I was on that bridge with my 2 children strapped in their car seats? How would I get us all out to safety? Ugh I hate those kinds of thoughts. Our swim instructor just moved to MN so I hope he and his family are okay.

On our new room: it's nearly done!!! They are finishing up the floors down the hallway today, the floor in here is done and the living room is almost done. We still need new baseboards which we haven't bought yet. Right now, it's all still very cluttered with everything stuck in boxes in the new room. The kids are having a blast on the new floor though and are loving the extra space. The walk to the bedrooms seems so much longer. We got our new blinds up and our new fan. We'll def. need some floor lamps as it's so dark in here. I'll post pics as we get closer to finished.

All this rain is dreary. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep which I can't do with 2 boys running around. I'm nearly 7 weeks along now. I'm so tired in the afternoon and today my nose is working overtime. Everything smells. Dh heated up some leftover pasta and I had to leave the room. Ugh. It made me nauseous. I made him make the boys' lunches so I wouldn't have to walk into the kitchen.

We're going to have to replace the floor in Ian's room for the 3rd time in 2 years. One of the dogs peed in there twice again. It happened when I was pg before so I wonder if they are sensing something or if it has to do with all the changes going on in the house. Maybe Bandit is rebelling since we shaved her this weekend. I don't know but I can't get the smell out. I poured Nature's Miracle all over the area and it isn't working this time. Blech!!! This time, we'll put laminate or something in there I think.

No comments: