Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family issues

It's official. My dad is moving out of the house Friday. He didn't even stick around long enough to make it to the 1st therapy session which happens to be on Friday. I'm so mad at him. I just want to yell at him or something. I wrote him a short letter but I didn't send it. I'm too emotional right now. What part of Til Death Do Us Part and Forsaking All Others in the marriage vows did he not understand? 33 years later at that!! I just don't get it. I've lost respect for him. He's hurt my Mom and he's hurt his family. It breaks my heart to hear my Mom cry. It breaks my heart that the marriage I've always looked up to as one to strive for is breaking up. I don't know how to move past it. I don't want to talk to him at all. I don't even want to see him. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be very hard this year. What do I say to my boys when they want to know where Grandpa is? I can't believe this is happening to our family. If you pray, please pray for our family and for me. I'm taking this pretty hard and the last thing I need is to get stressed out. I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow but tonight is tough.

4 comments:

Melodie said...

I am so, so sorry things have turned out this way. I will definitely pray for your mom and your family.

Randomguru said...

my thoughts and prayers go out to you today. hope that things will somehow get resolved. take care...

Unknown said...

Karlise,

I just logged on off Jennifer's blog I hope you don't mind. I am so sorry to hear about your parents. That must be very hard. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Rita (the nosy one)

Lindsey said...

Hey girl. How are things this week for your family? Is your mom doing okay?