Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ikea!!

Dh and I did get to go to Ikea today. Wow! What a humongous place! Everything was really nice though and the prices were great we thought. Dh found a computer chair but we didn't buy it just then. We'll be going back again. We found a huge storage cabinet but we really needed to measure the wall where we would place it first so we didn't get that either. It will be nice for hiding stuff away though like our DVDs and some toys.

We did buy a nice storage cubby/shelf thing for the boys' room though and a few storage boxes too. I'll have to take a picture of it tomorrow. I also found a nice storage/changing table(not seeing it on the web) if we decide to buy one. They didn't have it in stock though. And we found some nice kitchen cabinets and bathroom sinks and cabinets that we may get in the future. See? I could spend a ton of money in there but redo my entire house. I think it would actually be pretty cheap in the long run compared to Lowes or something.

It was really nice to just get out without the boys, just dh and I. We were able to talk without being interrupted, we were able to hold hands and we even got to go out to eat all by ourselves. Aaahhh...wish it could have lasted a bit longer but we had to relieve my BIL of his babysitting duties. He and the boys had fun too though. He said he was worn out! LOL

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ahh!! We have the Expedit bookcase too! I got it in black for my scrap room! I LOVE IT!!! I want to get another one but the smaller one for a bookshelf.

I'm not a huge fan of their style of furniture, but I love to go wander around there! I am a big fan of the Marketplace though. I've gotten a lot of little kitchen gadgets and other things from there.

Scarlett said...

That bookcase looks strangely familiar... Oh! Because it's the one in Hayden's room! LOL! We love it!!! I use the top half for his clothes and the bottom half for books. Now, if I could only find the space for about 10 more to house all the toys...