Monday, January 21, 2008

Our new Ikea bookcase

Here's the pic I promised. I've gone thru nearly all the toys in the house and sorted them out. I still have 1 toybox to go though and I can't get to it because dh has heavy boxes of extra flooring on top (in Bella's room). After sorting and tossing broken stuff, it's not as bad as I thought! Now if I can keep it neat and get the boys to keep it sorted! Think we have enough books yet?
Photobucket
Oh and after reading some blogs, I'm feeling crafty. I don't sew a lick and yet I want to make some felt food like this for the kids to play with. WTH am I thinking?! I saw some at PBK but I'm not paying their prices either! Oh and this is what dh wants to buy Bella eventually. He saw it at PBK when we went and that's all he wants now. She's not even here yet. LOL

9 comments:

Melodie said...

Love the storage shelves! Did it come with the red bins? Do they come in pink?
Oh, and I agree with your DH. That stuff would go great in Katie's room. Of course, I'd be afraid to let Katie play with it for fear that she'd ruin it in some way.

Karen said...

Ok, that felt food is the cutest thing ever. Nice shelves. Our books never stay that neat. I have to organize the books at least once a week. Good luck keeping everything organized.

Karen said...

P.S. I think we may have you beat on books, lol.

Karlise said...

Melodie, they didn't have pastels. I love that they zip up though and you can label them.

Karen, that's not even all of them! I'm always buying new books too. Logan loves to read!

Scarlett said...

I love the red bins too! We have plastic bins that are nice for Hayden's clothes (so you can sort of see what's in there), but if we want to use it for toys one day, it's not so good... too much of a mess in there! And you could so make that felt food!!! Looks easy, but you're right - it's really really cute!

Scarlett said...

Oh! And make sure you bolt that shelf to the wall... If they haven't already, your boys will probably try to climb it eventually. I speak from experience! LOL!

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice bookcase, I wish I had one to organize toys. My husband is the one that is a neat freak and organizes everything, so he definetely would love to buy something like that. I love that it has so many divisions and bins. Marta Davis.

Lindsey said...

Your bookshelf looks great! Don't you just love it??

Oh, and I gave up on organizing the books a long time ago!!

My girlfriend has 3 girls and they have that kitchen set! It's so cute!

Keela said...

CUTE!!! I want one of those!!!! And the books...I've got you beat too. LOL! Wait until Logan starts getting the book order forms from school (Scholastic)! It's so fun! :)