Monday, February 25, 2008

Argh!

We picked up the new Civic tonight. I have to get used to such a small car. I felt like my head was going to bump the roof! Dh fits in it though and that's what really matters.

Now what's the problem? It will NOT fit 3 carseats. Not a chance in hell. The slimmest seat on the market is the SK Radian at 17" wide and 2 of those don't leave enough room for even the slimmest of slim carseats/booster seats and definately no room for just a child to sit. (This is going strictly from measurements and not actually trying out the seats. SKR's website says I need 51in of room and I have 50" for 3 across)

Soooo now we have to decide what to do. Do we keep our van as a backup 3rd vehicle or if something happens to my truck, do we just rent a vehicle for the few days it takes to fix it? (I love my Pilot and do not want to get rid of it) Keeping it means an extra $67/mo, maybe less if we take off full coverage for insurance. Or we've discussed selling both vehicles and buying a newer van BUT again, we still don't have a back up vehicle that will fit all 5 of us. ARGH!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Don't get rid of your Pilot. You KNOW you can get all three of your current car seats in it. If you get something else, you might not be able to do so, or you would only be able the do it by purchasing three new car seats.
Either keep the van as a back-up, or rent one if you need it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about a back up car, I mean, hopefully you won't have any problems with your current cars and if so, then you rent one.
Marta.