Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fair Day Part 1- food!

I wasn't sure we'd have enough time but we decided to go to the fair this morning anyway. There wasn't too much in the way of people watching though which was really surprising. Everyone actually seemed fairly normal. You had the occasional guy in camo shirt and hat but that's pretty normal in the south. We walked thru Cracker Country a little bit first and then on to the exhibits hall. Nothing really caught my eye that I had to have. There were some cute bags/backpacks that were supposedly "homemade" that I thought about using as a diaper bag. I didn't stop to really look though. After that, we just wandered around.

It was just about lunch time so dh and the boys stopped for some pizza. I can get pizza anywhere so I looked around but didn't spot anything I wanted. Once again, I didn't eat lunch! I had some diet Pepsi though while they were eating and a little of Ian's leftover pizza so I didn't starve.

The boys were ready for dessert though so we opted for some Deep Fried Pepsi (infused dough with Pepsi Cola and Pepsi syrup, deep fried, and served on a toothpick with Pepsi syrup drizzled over it and a flurry of confectionery sugar) and Deep Fried Reeses Cups. Mmmm...heart attack in a paper bowl... The DFP was good- but it wasn't anything I'd have to have again. The DFRC though were to die for. Ooey gooey melted chocolate with a Reeses center wrapped in fried dough. Mmmm. I really wanted to try the DF cookie dough but they had already run out!! The nerve of them. Apparently it's very popular!

On the left are the Pepsi balls and on the right are the DF Reeses.
Photobucket

A close up of the DFRC
Photobucket

Just before we left, we got some smoothies too. The boys had strawberry ones which were super yummy. Dh and I got a version of Pina Coladas that needed some sugar. They were blah. I didn't get any pics of those. Sorry!

There were also a few other new items we didn't try out like Fried Bologna (my dad used to make this) and some new hispanic food items. Oh and a Walking Taco- it's apparently a bag of Fritos or Doritos and they add all the taco fixins to the bag. You walk around holding the bag and eat from it with a fork. I didn't see anyone with one though.

Okay so here are some pics!

A shot from the bridge
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pirate ship! There's actually a small (free!) 3 hole golf course to play next to the ship.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Laundry????
Photobucket

Ohh the good stuff...
Photobucket

Can someone tell me what Crispy-Googy Good is???
Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

Fried reeses look goooooood!