Thursday, March 27, 2008

2 days old

I don't think I have much to say tonight. I'm hoping for some sleep tonight. She doesn't want to lay on her back at all, but she will sleep on her belly or on your chest or even in your arms. I don't mind her napping on her belly but I can't let her do that all night. I'd never get any sleep since I'd be too worried. So the past 2 nights, one of us has held her practically all night long. It's not going to be easy, but I know I've got to get her to sleep in her bassinet. I'm no good at the co-sleeping.

Took her back to the ped. today and she only lost a couple of ounces and isn't jaundiced. He still wants to see her again in the morning. Lovely. Can't a new mom sleep in for once? We went to leave and my car wouldn't start. I was supposed to be on my way to the birth center for a checkup too. So my mom had to come jump the truck and then we had to buy a new battery. We didn't get to the BC until late this afternoon which meant no nap for anyone but Bella. Anyway, everything looked good and I won't have to go back for 2 weeks.

Bella is crying- gotta go get her.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Sorry you're not really sleeping much. That's hard. Especially when you're trying to heal. Just keep in mind that she's only a couple of days old and it can only get easier from here. She'll get used to being "out in the world" fairly soon and it should get better. In the meantime, maybe you can try nursing her and then handing her over to Robert while you try and get some sleep until it's time to nurse again and then he can sleep. (((HUGS!!!)))