Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Bella is here

She was born at 2:58am on 3/25. She's 8lbs 2oz and 21.5in long. Apgars were 4 and 9.

We got home around 7:30am this morning so between nursing and attempting to nap, I haven't been on the PC.

I went to bed around 11pm but was up with surges for the entire hour I tried to sleep. Around 12/12:30 I was feeling like I just couldn't do it anymore. I kinda figured it was transition but wasn't sure. Surges were really close together at 3-4min. Around 1am we left for the birth center and when I got there I was at 5cm and 80% so I was able to stay. Yea!! I knew if I hadn't stayed, I probably would have ended up at the hospital again. Melissa (MW) allowed me to go ahead and get in the tub. Surges were still coming fast and furious. I wasn't able to get very comfy in the tub. The minute I sat down, I was right back up on my knees hanging onto the edge trying to get thru it. Less than an hour later, I was feeling really pushy and bearing down. They must have been intense bc the girls came quickly. They added hot water to the tub as it hadn't warmed up to the 100 degrees it needed to be at and dimmed the lights. I kept saying I needed to poop but it was really Bella starting to crown! That was fast! I really didn't think I could do it anymore at that point. It was so intense. Once her head popped out, I had a moment of relief but then came her shoulders. She apparently whooshed right on out. She did have to get some help pinking up. Why must all my babies need help? She also had a knot in her cord. She is a healthy newborn though and is nursing like a champ. She's always wanting to nurse too- makes it really difficult to take a nap. I think she's gonna be a binkie baby for sure. Jen and Julie got to the birth center about 10-15min after she was born so we didn't get any pics of the actual labor but they took TONS of other photos. I'll post some soon!

It's taken me forever to just get this posted so bear with me. I'll be back.

12 comments:

Working Mama said...

Awesome Karlise - congrats. I'm so glad for you that she is here! Hooray!
Andrea

Amanda said...

I'm SO happy to hear the news. You know I've been checking back like crazy all morning:-) Sounds like everything went really well. I'm so glad to hear you had the birth experience you wanted. BIG CONGRATS! Try and get some rest...yeah I know that's a joke. Happy Birthday Bella!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!! And she came ON her due-date! I have only heard of that happening one other time and that was my cousin 35 years ago. Glad everything went well and you were able to have her at the birthing center! Kuddos to you, lord knows I couln't have done it...lol.
Congratulations Karlise, can't wait to see pics!
Rachel

Holly said...

Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to see pictures that aren't 2 inches square. (from Jen's camera) From what I could tell she looked as beautiful as I expected her too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! YOu did great!!!! I can give my finger a rest now ;) Well not until i see pics!! LOL

Welcome to the world bella!!!

Scarlett said...

yay yay yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to meet her!

And you're still IN the blogging contest! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karlise,
Jennifer called me when she left Labor of Love. You are becoming very connected to us. Your daughter was born in the same room as Haley. This brought back alot of great memories. I'm so happy everything went the way you wanted.

Leslie

Alison said...

CONGRATS Karlise!!!!! I am SO happy for you,Robert and the boys. You did awesome and you have a beautiful little girl to show for it! You are going to be in a whole NEW world now with a girl,LOL...Can't wait to see pics of little Bella!***HUGS****

Alison

Kelly said...

Yay Karlise! I am so very excited for you. I am glad she is here safely and healthy. I can't wait to see pictures.

Melodie said...

Congratulations to you and your boys (all three of them)! I can't wait to meet little Bella. I'd love to kiss those chubby little cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Mary Helen

The Morrows said...

Alison (AJMorrow1976) from BBC here--just saw your note on the Hypnobabies thread and came to read the story. Congratulations!! She's adorable. Hope you're enjoying your babymoon. :)