Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Punctuation and Capitalization Vent

I know it's the internet and we like our 'net shorthand. I don't have a problem with abbreviations or emoticons whatsoever. I use them all the time. I do however hate when I'm trying to read a message on a board and the writer uses no capital letters and few punctuation marks! Not to mention, there are no breaks in the paragraph so it all sort of runs together. If you want to get your message across, please use some of what you learned in school. Capital letters are your friend!

I don't want to even get into spelling or the correct use of words right now. Ugh. Loose and Lose are not the same thing! You do not loose something, you lose it. You do not sale something, you sell it. Oh wait, I guess I did get into it a bit. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I have the same vent. It drives me crazy!!

Melodie said...

You know you're missing a few commas in there, don't you? ;)

Punctuation, misspellings, and grammatical errors are all pet peeves of mine, too.