Friday, June 06, 2008

Tracking numbers

A post on the NBBC reminded me of this. Someone was talking about how they love tracking numbers. I could have written her post. I heart tracking numbers. I love tracking my packages across the country and on the day it's supposed to be here, being anxious to get it so I can open and explore whatever I've bought. I know my package from Amazon (a gift for dh for Father's Day) will be here on Monday. I checked on it yesterday but I also checked it this morning for kicks. I want to know where it is right NOW (it's in Jacksonville and will probably say in transit to Tampa by tonight). UPS rocks for tracking.

Now, if you're sending something by USPS, don't even bother with a T.N. They are so worthless. It could have been shipped days ago and their computer won't be updated. The package could be here before they update it. Ugh.

I will give them props for one package(although tracking still sucked). It was sent from CA on Monday morning priority mail and I had it in hand by Wed. That's the quickest I've ever seen them move!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Glad I'm not the only one who loves to track stuff on Amazon! I have a birthday present (sent to my friend's house) due to arrive today!

Melodie said...

I'm the same way. I'll check on a shipment several times a day to see if my package is moving.

Wouldn't it be cool if they could show us via GPS exactly where on the map the truck or plane or whatever it was on was? And we could watch it move along the higway. And we'd know exactly when the driver was pulling into our neighborhood.

Melodie said...

By the way... I guess I just proved what a total geek I am, huh?