Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Quote I love

I read this quote on one of my message boards yesterday and it stuck with me.

The days are long, but the years are short. (short, sweet video too)

Think about it. There are so many days my boys drive me up a wall but that's one less day of their childhood. Logan will be turning 6 in just 2.5 months. Where did 6 years go? It's been a blur it seems. He'll be headed off to Kindergarten in August.

Ian just turned three. He's as talkative as his brother. When did he learn so much? I can't remember certain details about when he did things. I don't think I was paying attention. Sad isn't it?

Bella is already three months old. When did that happen? She's already grown and changed so much in those three months.

I really need to step back at times and remember my kids are kids. I need to slow down and take time to enjoy them. It won't be long before they won't want to hold my hand in public or shower me with hugs and kisses.

Take time to enjoy your kids and life- they won't be little forever.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree more! I often think about this. I wish I could hit pause for a while.