Monday, September 29, 2008

Goofy gov't program

I applied at the beginning of the year for free/reduced lunches for Logan at school. It's now been 6 weeks and I have never heard anything. No letters, no email. I just called to see what was going on and he is eligible for reduced price (actually free since the county picks up the $0.40 cost) but they don't send out that info unless you're denied. Okay then. How was I supposed to know that? It wasn't on the paperwork. I don't see it on the website. Ugh. He always brings lunch anyway and hasn't asked about buying but I wanted to know just in case.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Don't think that I am trying to be negative toward you, because I'm not, but it really pissed me off when the county decided to make the reduced price lunch program free. They raised the price for the rest of us to cover the cost of doing that. Their rational was that if a family had five kids, it would cost them $2.00 per day to buy school lunches and some families just couldn't afford that much. Hello? Why not just lower your standards for free lunch then to cover those families? It's not like the income standards aren't already based on family size, because they are.