Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goose Egg?

My boys are always smacking into something- or one another- and getting some bruise or bump. I've always put ice packs/gel packs on them to bring any swelling down. I learned a new trick recently though and it was amazing how well it worked!

Logan smacked his head and cheek on his bunk bed today. It immediately started swelling so dh grabbed the ice pack. I ran to my PC because I had just read a tip about this very thing and I wanted to find it again and try it. You pour salt in a bowl and add just enough water to make a paste. Apply it to the bump and it will bring the swelling down faster than ice AND you won't hear any complaints about it being too cold. We just let it dry on there and we had plenty left so we did it once more. No more swelling! He doesn't even have a knot on his head although he does have a mark (forehead) and a bruise (cheek). Try it next time your kid takes a tumble!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I read that or saw that remedy before...Luckily, we have no bumps right now, but I need to write that down. It seems that when it does happen, I forget that there is something to clear it up quickly...

Hope he is feeling better!