Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bella update (+Thursday update)

See I knew it wouldn't last. Ian's complaining now and even napped on his own. The boy who begs for lunch at 9:30am didn't bother today. Ugh.


Thursday update-
She woke around midnight last night crying. Thank goodness I went to bed at 10 anticipating this. She was warm but not burning up like before so I gave her a dose of Tylenol, changed her diaper and she actually nursed quite a bit. Guess she was hungry! She slept until 7am and woke up fine! No noticeable fever, alert, and babbling. She still has a runny/stuffy nose so I had to suction that so she could nurse but it would appear she had a miserable 24 hour bug. (KNOCK ON WOOD!). Keep your fingers crossed!


(Wed)
She was/is still running a fever. I can ony get it to drop to about 101 with me alternating Motrin and Tylenol. She had no energy today but she wasn't necessarily listless. She was alert and even played on the floor a bit. I put her in the bath tonight and she just sat there although she did attempt to grab a toy. When she started shivering though I had to take her out. Poor baby. She didn't eat much tonight and barely nursed at bedtime. She just went to sleep next to me.

I hate not being able to do anything for her. I'm on the fence about taking her in to the ped's office. I'll probably wait to see how she is tomorrow and I'll take her to after-hours if I have to. I'm not one to run to the Dr's office at every sniffle but I hate seeing her so sick.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope she's better tomorrow. It's hard to see them feel so rotten and not be able to do anything for them.

Debbie said...

I was told yesterday that fifth's disease is going around....which of course, is nothing serious, just easily non-detectable...Hope she feels better soon!

Heather said...

Awww, hope she feels better soon!

Alison said...

I hate seeing poor Bella so sick! I sure hope she feels better soon!! I tell you...we have been so blessed to not really have been sick hardly at ALL this winter so far..(knock on wood!) Congrats to Logan!! That is so awesome he won the medal for reading!

Liz said...

I'm glad she is feeling better!! It so hard when they are that little and can't tell you what hurts. :)