Saturday, February 07, 2009

Yum yum Saturday

We took my MIL and our niece (an unexpected bonus) to the Cheesecake Factory today for MIL's birthday. Yummy!! After fighting Gasparilla traffic and construction we got there around 2-2:30pm and there were several groups ahead of us. We opted to sit outside on the patio instead of waiting for a table inside and we were seated within 5 minutes or so. It was a beautiful day and they have heaters available if you need them (the wind was cold). Dh and I love TCF. We don't go often because you can rack up quite a bill with apps, entree and of course- cheesecake!

Dh started us all off with homemade guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips and also some avocado eggrolls. I ordered the chicken madeira which is da bomb! I don't want to know the nutritional info on that dish!! I ate half at lunch and half at dinner tonight. The boys split a pizza (no kid's menu) for lunch and dinner and also split a slice of blueberry swirl cheesecake. Their cheesecake was really good! Dh and I split (at home later) a slice of white choc. caramel macadamian nut cheesecake and neither of us was super impressed. I like macadamias but there were just too many and they overpowered it. Bella devoured a ton of guacamole and avocado out of the egg rolls as well as some of my chicken and mashed potatoes, dh's pasta, bread, her baby food and cheerios. That little thing can eat when she wants to!

If you've never been to TCF, you have to try it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yummmm, cheesecake factory! Maybe that will be my first splurge after Jason weans. LOL!