Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cancer

That is a scary word. I made an appointment 2 weeks ago to go to a free skin cancer screening today. The dermatologist looked me over and looked at all the spots/moles I was most worried about and pronounced that I was fine. Nothing to worry about but I should just keep my eyes open for changes. Phew. I was soooo nervous going in there today but I'm really glad I did. It put me at ease and really opened my eyes to the facts. Did you know skin cancer is the 2nd most diagnosed cancer in women next to breast cancer? I was that stupid teen who put baby oil on instead of sunscreen knowing I would burn and never tan. To this day I still forget to put sunscreen on and it should be a daily activity. I'm going to try to get better at it.

If you haven't done so, please make an appt with a dermatologist to get checked. It's so important and treatable if caught early.

Photobucket

No comments: