Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I. Am. Stuffed.


We had a ridiculous amount of food today for the number of people we were serving. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, pea salad (yuck), bread, green bean casserole, squash casserole, sweet potato casserole, fresh cranberries, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cranberry pudding (steamed cake), peach cobbler....


Did I mention that I. Am. Stuffed.?


It was not an exciting day per se but a semi relaxing one which is always nice. I did most of my cooking the day before so we had some minimal cleaning up to do and then we could take it easy until dinner time. 


The kids had a blast with their cousins, well the boys did at least. Bella and her toddler aged cousin played in the same room but that's about it. We got to visit with some school friends who live around the corner for a bit too. Now everyone has gone home, dishes are done, kitchen is cleaned, laundry is going (never ending) and the kids are all asleep. Peace and quiet at last.


I am thankful today for my family, my friends, our health, the food on our table and the roof over our heads. What more could I ask for?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Happy Thanksgiving!